Friday, January 6, 2012

The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive. (The second beginning.)

I'm done with all of the old, depressing bullcrap. No more. This is a new start to a new Megan.

It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk


This quote is relevant because (dun dun dun)...I lost my job on Thursday. Well why did I go and do a thing like that? (Seems to be a common response from my family members.) You know, I just decided that the work force was done with me. I've put in my 8 years (out of 22 years alive) in the workforce. I think It's time for me to be done with it. (NOPE.)

But really. Shit happens, and we move on. And, as of now, I am moving on. API can suck my countertops. I'm done with them. (Totally fine by me. I hated that job anyway.) So, for now, it's back to government assistance and not having nice things for awhile. I'm honestly..okay with that. In some weird, fucked up way. I hate it. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks. But I'm okay with it. When I fall down like this, I realize what I had before and I stop taking so much for granted. I start appreciating things again. So maybe I should fuck up my life every 10-15 years and start over. Or, you know, whenever I get bored. (Which would, unfortunately, be far more frequent than one would like to imagine.)

It's like a new start. I could be a fireman(woman), or a painter, or a hooker. Orrrr something far less complicated. (With 40+ hours a week and insurance benefits.)

I don't know. But this is it. This is where I turn everything I knew before, and make it huge.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment